Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Angry Birds fans are angry, and empowered

angrybirdIt's still surprising in this inter-connected age that a company can get caught thinking they can pull one over on people. And yet, they do.

Case in point: The wildly-popular Angry Birds iPhone game just got upgraded to an iPad "HD" edition, and the price jumped 500%.

Which, at a mere five dollars, would still be a bargain, if it weren't for the fact that, as many have noted on its iTunes page, it's just an upsizing of the iPhone app, with no new features or functionality. As ttrygve says:
It also didn't move or resize the buttons at all, they're still laid out as though for an iPhone, meaning they're not at all conveniently placed... I feel ripped off, though I still heartily recommend the iPhone version.

In about 30 seconds I went from, "Hello new purchase for the iPad!" to feeling like I dodged a bullet, thanks to my new anonymous friends.

2 comments:

  1. I must say that the Angry Birds iPhone app is one of the most addictive games I've ever played and I totally would have bought the HD version for the iPad. It's sad though. The iPad was meant to expand creativity that was previously limited by the iPhone. Hopefully, they'll change their ways and give us a real Angry Birds App. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bPPZY3 ntknskcmhwbp, [url=http://vtpvvysxmtjc.com/]vtpvvysxmtjc[/url], [link=http://ghmhgnjcpchi.com/]ghmhgnjcpchi[/link], http://oigvnqsofftj.com/

    ReplyDelete